Tuesday, May 10, 2005

To lose is gain...

May I first just take a moment to say thank you to so many of you who prayed for and asked regularly about JoJo the past several months. Your kind words and sincere concern have been greatly appreciated and comforting. I experienced the loss of my "surrogate" grandmother over this Mother's Day weekend. My JoJo was diagnosed last year with an inoperable brain tumor, and was told to begin her preparations for death. Although we knew the time was growing near, I don't think anyone can ever be fully prepared for the loss of someone so dear and special. It took a few days for the loss to even hit me, simply because of the overwhelming peace of Christ; the knowledge of knowing she's at home with the Father, well and alive uplifts and inspires me to celebrate her death, but I also know that to mourn is a healthy part of the loss as well. She was ready to go, and made the sweetest comment to me on one of our last visits. She spoke of knowing she would be reunited with her mom & dad, her husband and grandson. She knew she would be meeting the Lord, and was eager. But she said she was even more excited to meet Peter. I laughed and said, "why Peter?" (who is also one I anxiously await to meet). "Because I think he was a groovy guy! He dealt with some struggles and problems, but his heart was always for God; he was always obedient!" I just think of the statement, 'we are attracted to what we are", with honor and gratuity knowing that that was her. JoJo dealt with some struggles, some problems-but her heart was ALWAYS for God, and she was diligent in her obedience. Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to have known and been known by such an amazing woman! A woman that knew me better than even my own grandmothers, so much that I claimed her as my own! I marvel in knowing my loss is her gain, for what better place could she be than in eternity, with the King! I pray that you all have the opportunity to experience such an amazing person in your own lives. Thanks again for your prayers, and for letting me share!

No comments: