Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Grateful Heart Is a Happy Heart

Prior to our family leaving town, our family was praying about a car. If we should keep ours, have it repaired, purchase a new one. For those of you who know me well, you know how I struggle to ask for financial help (although it's becoming a more frequent challenge, it is growing easier). And isn't it just the thing we struggle with that God is constantly challenging us to overcome?
So on my way to work, I see this beautiful car at a used car lot, and heard I was to ask our friends and family to help us with a car. My response (which is the usual one), was, 'whoa, God..that's bold..A CAR? I'm supposed to ask friends and family to help us buy a car? So I agreed to accept the challenge, and did. I approached many friends and family, and everytime, the statement was the same, and the response the same..
"Adam and I have found a car for just over $9000- will you talk to your husband/wife/family, pray about it, and see if you can help?" And without falter, every person I asked said "yes". Adam and I were floored by the generousity abounding as some gave $25, $50, $150, $250 and $500!!! We wound up with just under $2000, placed the money into savings until we found what we felt was best, and then made offers. Unfortunately, and yet by His knowing provision, all offers fell through. Adam came back from extensive prayer believing the money would be used best to repair the things needed on our car and keep it-for now. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
You got it, just under $2000!
Thank you so much to so many of you for your obedience to the Father in His prompting to give. Thank you to those who chose to bless our families leave with the financial gift towards the car, and thank you for those who were unable to give, but lifted our needs up in prayer.
I also thank you for continuing to pray for us regarding our finances.
When time permits, I'll share with you the latest blessing and struggles. Until next time, love and blessings!

No comments: